Thursday, August 20, 2009

Shattered..... Ouch!


So June was kind of a crazy month. Both of our birthdays were in June, I also quit my job on my birthday... loooooong story... Which is June 13th. So a week to the day after I quit my job, and 2 days before Josh's birthday. He decides we're going to go ride our dirt bikes out at a track in Delta, UT. Since Josh and I love to ride so much, it only made sense that's what he wanted to do for his birthday.

So we knew the weather would be bad, and
you're always weary when that happens because as everyone knows, mud isn't the easiest thing to ride your dirt bike in! Plus I always have these feelings. So I thought... geez I should take it easy today, I feel like I could get hurt today.

So we go down to Delta, get unloaded, geared up, hydrated, etc. We MAYBE make it around the track twice before I come up over this huge step up behind Josh and someone is flagging me over so that no on
e will run over him or his bike. So there he is, on the ground. Unable to move.... when this happens, you know Josh is hurt because he is always trying to push himself with injuries. We get him a ride back to the truck and slowly take his boots and riding gear off to look at his foot.

Immediately I know it's broken....bad.
So a lot of other stuff happened between then and when we were able to get him into the foot surgeon, which was that next Tuesday. We get his X-rays and it's obvious.... somethings missing and wrong. I don't have those X-rays but they're hard to explain anyway. So he had his first surgery 06/25/2009. Originally it was only supposed to last an hour... 3 1/2 hours, 8 screws, 1 plate, and 2 pins later..... his surgery was over. His foot was the size of his head! It was crazy!

So he's been healing, his pins were taken out a week ago and he wasn't able to walk on it until then. He can now walk on it but he has to be in his boot. He'll be that way until the first of November, and a second surgery to get his hardware removed.
Tough ordeal for him... and me but it's been one of the greatest learning experiences ever.

It's crazy because we've been through soooooooooooo much and even as more experiences happen to us, we just ROLL with the punches and are happier and happier day by day!


SOOOOOooooo.... Mo
ral of the story, is. Have fun, if you break stuff, break something that can be fixed, and enjoy every experience that life throws at you. At least you'll have an amazing story to tell!!! ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment